Mitchell Intermediate is a 2019-2020 Honor Roll School!
2019-2020 ERP Honor Roll recognizes public elementary, middle and high schools that demonstrate high levels of student academic achievement, improvement in achievement over time, and reduction in achievement gaps. For high schools, Honor Roll recognition includes measures of college readiness in students. This year, the Texas Honor Roll recognized 943 higher-performing schools in the state that are distinguished for their academic achievement and closing achievement gaps.
We are proud Mitchell Intermediate has been recognized as only one of 12 schools in the Conroe ISD as an Honor Roll School. Through national research, Educational Results Partnership (ERP) has identified a common set of success factors in higher-performing Honor Roll schools and districts. These include clear, specific learning objectives aligned to college and career readiness, along with:
- Evidence-based instructional practices
- A defined system-wide mission of college and career readiness for all students
- An investment in human capital
- Maintenance of data and assessment systems to monitor school and student performance
- Resources and guidance to support schools’ efforts in preparing all students for college and career
Congratulations to the schools in our feeder also recognized: Buckalew, Galatas, McCullough.
Without the support of our Mitchell parents and incredible staff, achievements and recognition such as this one would not be possible.