We are sad to not be able to have assemblies with our students, but we have figured out a way to still hold the annual Mitchell Talent Show. Students chosen for the Talent Show will perform on stage and we will live stream the performances via a webinar. This will allow our students to enjoy seeing their classmates’ unique talents but also maintain a safe, healthy environment. So, if you are interested in trying out, information is included below.
Entry form link: https://forms.gle/rFNUGNRPPp2LZkCd7
Please complete the entry form/permission slip and submit it by Thursday, April 8. All recorded music must be shortened to at least 90 seconds or shorter, (very important!) and email in an MP3 or MP4 format to email@example.com
- MUST have application and music by Thursday, April 8.
- MUST have music cut to exactly 90 seconds and in MP3 or MP4 format when submitted.
- FULL COSTUME for tryouts (all props, clothes or instruments not used during tryouts could affect your score).
- NO LIP SYNCING allowed. Must provide background music only.
- COSTUMES must be within the school dress code.
- MAY NOT change talent, song, words, or attire between tryouts and talent show.
- LYRICS must be appropriate for school setting. No profanity or questionable themes will be allowed.
Announcers do need to try-out, just create a mock announcement of an act coming on to the stage.
SAVE THE DATES
- April 8-Applications Due
- 5th Grade Try-outs: Monday, April 12-4:15-5:30 p.m.
- 6th Grade Try-outs: Monday, April 12-5:30-6:45 p.m. (must go home and return at 5:30 p.m.)
- 5th and 6th Grade Dress Rehearsal: Monday, May 10 -4:00-7:00 p.m.
- Students can call home to be picked up when they are finished.
- MUST be available for try-outs and rehearsals. If you do not attend both, you will not be in the talent show.
NOTE ABOUT TRYOUTS: We wish we could allow everyone to perform. However, we only have 1 hour for the show, so we must limit our acts. We try to have a variety of acts (singing, musical instruments, dance, etc.) Students are randomly selected for what order they will be called to try out. Depending upon the amount of participants this, as you can imagine, might be a very lengthy process.
Note: 6th graders must leave school and then return at 5:30 p.m. Students may call home when they are finished to be picked up.
Please email Patti Thorpe if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org
- May 24 – 5th grade -9:00-10:00 a.m.
- May 24 – 6th grade -2:30-3:30 p.m.
This will be live streamed, so all students at Mitchell can see. Parents at home can watch as well.