Talent Show 2023 Information
We are excited to continue our annual Talent Show tradition. We wish we could allow everyone to participate. However, on Talent Show Day, we are only allotted one hour. Therefore, we are only permitted a certain number of participants. There are typically around 20 acts. We do try to have a variety of acts, so bring on your creativity!
Please complete the entry form/permission slip and submit it by FRIDAY, May 5th! – Link
All recorded music must be shortened to at least 90 seconds or shorter. Music submitted that is longer than 90 seconds would eliminate a student from being able to tryout. Email an MP3 or MP4 format of your music to email@example.com
- MUST have application and music submitted by 5/5/23.
- MUST have music cut to exactly 90 seconds and in MP3 or MP4 format when submitted.
- FULL COSTUME for tryouts (all props, clothes or instruments not used during tryouts could affect your score)
- NO LIP SYNCING allowed. Must provide background music only.
- COSTUMES must be within the school dress code.
- MAY NOT change talent, song, words. or attire between tryouts and talent show.
- LYRICS must be appropriate for school setting. No profanity or questionable themes will be allowed.
- Friday, May 5th Applications Due
- Wednesday, May 10th 4:15-5:30pm 5th Grade Tryouts
- Wednesday, May 10th 5:30-6:45pm: 6th Grade tryouts
- Wednesday, May 17th 4-7pm: Both 5th and 6th Grade Dress Rehearsal
***After tryouts and dress rehearsal, students may call home to be picked up***
Tuesday, May 23 9:00-10:00 AM – 6TH GRADE TALENT SHOW
Tuesday, May 23 2:30-3:30 PM – 5TH GRADE TALENT SHOW
NOTE ABOUT TRYOUTS: Students are randomly selected during try outs. Depending upon the amount of participants, as you can imagine, try-outs is usually a lengthy process. Please make arrangements for your child to remain the entire time. The random order will not be changed for anyone to be fair to all students.
Please email Patti Thorpe if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org