Mission and Vision Statement
GEORGE P. MITCHELL INTERMEDIATE SCHOOL
“A TRUE LEARNING COMMUNITY”
Mitchell Intermediate Mission Statement:
We, the Mitchell team, in partnership with parents and community, have committed to provide an exceptional education in a safe, positive environment that fosters the development of life-long learners. Teachers and students are enthusiastic about the varied, innovative instructional strategies and creative opportunities in a learning community environment. We will challenge students to reach their full potential and achieve success in our diverse and complex society.
Mitchell Intermediate School Vision:
We believe that the most promising strategy for achieving the mission of our school is to develop our capacity to function as a professional learning community. We envision a school in which the staff works collaboratively so that students, teachers, and parents will view our school as a true “learning community.” We will accomplish this by ensuring the following:
- The staff constantly seeks out the most promising best practices that support student learning.
- The school is characterized by a collaborative culture in which all educators are committed to the responsibility to help students learn at high levels.
- The learning of each student is monitored on an ongoing basis and opportunities for remediation and enrichment are provided.’
- The administration supports teachers’ continuous learning and ongoing professional development.
- The organizational structure of learning communities and looping allow teachers to know and understand their students’ instructional and social/emotional needs through the continuity of a two-year relationship.