Protecting Children Online
- Tuesday, November 28th, 2017 at Mitchell Intermediate – Doors open at 6 p.m.
- Presentation begins at 6:30 p.m.
The internet provides our children with access to an amazing amount of information, fun and entertainment. Devices such as laptop computers, tablets, cell phones, mobile wrist devices, gaming systems and even virtual reality, offer a wide array of opportunities for children to interact with people from all over the world. The internet can also expose children to new risks. For example, exposure to inappropriate material and opportunities to reveal personal information.
Join us for a Cyber Safety session that will provide parents with information on:
- risks that are unique to the internet
- signs that your child is “At Risk”
- parenting strategies for protecting children online
Keynote Speaker: Mary Nan Huffman (Chief Prosecutor) – The Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office, Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC)
Tables and Resources Available:
- Conroe ISD Police Department
- Crime Stoppers
- Homeland Security
- Internet Crimes Against Children (ICAC)
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children (NCMEC)